Family Outreach Worker at Churchdown Methodist Church
Want to engage with our local community? Be a part of our team supporting families in the local area? We're looking for someone to grow our mission & outreach, build on the work already started & find new ways of reaching out to those in our community.
- Passionate about youth and family work?
- Good at encouraging people to join in, take part, and have fun together?
- Able to work alongside all ages and groups, from toddler groups, uniformed organisations and youth groups?
- Brave enough to try new things, reach out and meet new people, make new friends and run a range of exciting community and school-based activities?
- Have the skills to establish new groups and encourage others to take part?
- Know all about social media and how to use it to promote our work and reach more people?
- Want to help inspire the church to respond to new challenges and opportunities, to help bring people into our community?
- Want to help model a fully inclusive culture where children and families are integrated throughout the church and community?
IS THIS YOU?
We're a large village located between Cheltenham and Gloucester with the NATO Allied Rapid Reaction Corps nearby. We have a mixed-age membership and aspire to be an inclusive congregation through different activities and events
- This role is part time, up to 23 hours a week. Talk to us about how this could fit into your life – we're happy to support flexible working.
- Salary is £14.83 per hour (equivalent to £17,736 per annum) plus employer pension contributions and 5 weeks annual leave plus those bank and public holidays that fall on the days you work
There is an occupational requirement for the role holder to be a committed Christian
Appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS Check
Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK
To apply please complete both the Application form and Diversity & Equality form and email these to email@example.com (sorry but we are unable to accept CV's)
Deadline for applications is Monday 12 February
Interviews will take place Tuesday 20 February at Churchdown Methodist Church